Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Evil Books

There's an anthology where you have to write about "books gone bad". I am definitely submitting.

But here are a list of books that I don't recommend, of books that went REALLY bad for me personally:


1) Kim- by Rudyard Kipling. In this book, Indians are called the n-word. That's the point at which I stopped reading the book. Kipling knew nothing about Indians.


2) The Rosemary Tree- by Elizabeth Goudge. Come to think of it, The Little White Horse is Goudge's best novel, the one that heavily influenced J.K. Rowling.


3) Hatching Magic- by Ann Downer. I know people like this story, but it doesn't make sense historically (yes, America was not discovered until 1492 people, and the likelihood of a woman carrying on the family line into the 1990s is pretty small). Not to mention that most of the jokes are a little mind-boggling.


The list will be continued, assuming that I remember the other books that I don't recommend.

No comments: