Friday, August 25, 2017

A New Blog and A Thanks to Many People


Hi everyone. I know it's been a while. I haven't been updating for various reasons. Though the simplest is that it seems that it's hard to put things into words.

My birthday was last month. I spent it with family who worked to make it a memorable, loving day. I got a new Harry Potter mug, and Harry Potter Clue. We played, and it turns out having Dark Mark cards adding wrenches into the system make things interesting.

Image source: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61-dfmnWGAL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

We're still here. We're still alive. At least, most of us are since the start of 2016. I wish the ones that hadn't made it were still here. They are in our thoughts.

 My blog is ten years old. With bittersweet feelings, I am moving to a Wordpress site, www.priyajsridhar.com. A Faceless Author will stay up, and I promise to leave them up if anyone wants to browse or have some nostalgia. Part of me wonders if I should back up the texts on my hard drive or Google Drive account. Either way, it's time to make a fresh start.

Image source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/STS_135_crew_wave_farewell_before_the_launch.jpg

I started this blog in 2007 for a journalism workshop. We were asked to write and post on our thoughts. According to the posts from then, I had promised myself to only start a blog when I had a book published. It's been ten years, and  My friends from that workshop are still listed in the sidebar. I don't know what they're doing now, but one day I may go and ask. That was an insightful workshop into seeing what made a newspaper work, and how to print up a story.

It's odd, rereading these old posts. I have no memory of writing them. Certainly the entries were a bit more spread out than they were. Harry Potter came out around that time, as did Mirrormask. The posts didn't have images, because I didn't know that optimally one would break up text with images. I had written a story for a bad books anthology but didn't finish the story in time. Since then I've submitted to at least four anthologies this year and hope to submit to more, to learn from the experience.

Image source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Growing_up.jpg/320px-Growing_up.jpg

I'm moving blogs because I'm not the same teenager that started A Faceless Author. In 2007, I wasn't posting my photo online due to concerns about safety, especially given the MySpace horror stories that we heard from speakers in high school. Noteworthy is the hypocrisy about how the speaker apparently met her husband online, through a dating site. I didn't care, but others did. These days, my face is associated with my profile. Thus I am no longer faceless. In addition, I have grown in my career. Neo Mecha Mayhem is out, and last month two anthologies accepted short stories from me. This blog was written by a teenager who was stubbornly balancing school with reading, but now I'm an adult who is balancing writing with a full-time job and other responsibilities.

Thank you, everyone who has followed me since 2007. I hope that you'll subscribe to the new blog on WordPress. My goal is to do two posts a month, while still submitting regularly to other anthologies. We have a new journey ahead of us.

Image source: https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3771/14252485026_5f921f500e_b.jpg

No comments: